● AC or HVAC System Efficiency.
An inefficient system will not produce desired results and wastes money. Here are some ways regular maintenance improves efficiency:
- Cooling systems and HVAC systems quickly gather dust and debris deep in their machinery. This buildup reduces the system’s efficiency by as much as 5% per year. During AC or HVAC maintenance, service technicians clean the dirt and other substances away, allowing the air conditioner to effectively cool indoor air.
- Regular duct cleaning and the changing of filters are also part of routine maintenance and can significantly enhance a system’s efficiency.
The more efficient an AC or HVAC system, the lower the bills and the greater the comfort.
- Cut Down on Repairs (and Repair Bills!) Just like with a car, regular maintenance makes system failures less likely. If a problem does occur, the sooner it is discovered, the easier and cheaper the repair will be. Regular maintenance leads to fewer problems, and problems that are found are quickly remedied. On the other hand, failure to have a system regularly inspected could result in a system breakdown at exactly the wrong time (no AC in mid-summer, for example), expensive repairs, or even having to replace the cooling system altogether.
Equipment protection plans that include regular maintenance visits can save you money and hassle in the long run.
- Improve the Air You Breathe. An incorrectly maintained AC or HVAC system can be filled with substances that are damaging to people’s health. When air passes through the system, it causes them to be released into the air. Regular maintenance includes cleaning not only dirt, dust, and debris from hard-to-reach areas of an AC unit but also bacteria, mold, pollen, and other irritants that can affect breathing and cause serious health problems.
Even air conditioner units that look clean can be hiding dangerous substances that shouldn’t be inhaled. Regular maintenance greatly improves indoor air quality.
● Protect The Environment (and Save Money)
○ A well-maintained AC system requires less energy to produce the results you want, meaning less greenhouse gas emissions and lower utility and repair bills.
○ Regular maintenance will also extend the life of your system, which means extended life for the natural resources used in the manufacturing process of AC and HVAC systems. The longer a system runs efficiently, the more value it provides.
Having your AC unit regularly maintained can save you money and help save the planet at the same time!
● AC System Longevity. As mentioned above, a well-maintained AC or HVAC system lasts longer. In addition to saving money and helping the environment, regular maintenance saves property owners the hassle of getting a new system installed sooner than necessary. Advances are constantly being made in AC and HVAC technology, and maintenance on these innovative systems will increase their lifespan.
Regular maintenance of AC units protects customers’ purchases and their pockets.